Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo rigpawiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lamrim Yeshe Nyingpo (Tib. ལམ་རིམ་ཡེ་ཤེས་སྙིང་པོ་, Wyl. rigpawiki lam rim ye shes snying po), the 'Gradual Path of the Wisdom Essence' — a terma revealed by Chokgyur Dechen Lingpa and Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo rigpawiki, to which Jamgön Kongtrul rigpawiki wrote a famous commentary. Also Mipham Rinpoche rigpawiki wrote a topical outline for this treasure text.
- Mipham's topical outline (Wyl. zhal gdams lam rim ye shes snying po’i bsdus don) is in his collected works Vol. 8, ff.435-462.
- Jamgön Kongtrul rigpawiki, Yeshe Nangwa (Wyl. ye shes snang ba), 'The Light of Wisdom'
- Jamyang Drakpa, Yeshe Lam Juk (Wyl. ye shes lam 'jug), 'Entering The Path of Wisdom', as recorded by Jokyab Rinpoche
- Padmasambhava rigpawiki & Jamgön Kongtrul rigpawiki, The Light of Wisdom, translated by Erik Pema Kunsang (Boudhanath: Rangjung Yeshe Publications, 1986-2001).
The English translation contains three combined texts:
- the root text: the Gradual Path of the Wisdom Essence, by Padmasambhava rigpawiki as recorded by Yeshe Tsogyal rigpawiki, revealed and decoded by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo rigpawiki and Chokgyur Lingpa rigpawiki;
- its commentary: The Light of Wisdom, by Jamgön Kongtrul rigpawiki; and
- a collection of notes: Entering The Path of Wisdom, by Jamyang Drakpa as recorded by Jokyab Rinpoche, supplemented with clarifying remarks by H.H. Dilgo Khyentse rigpawiki and H.E. Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche.
These three combined texts are spread over five volumes:
- Volume One: Prologue and Teachings on the Title, the Sign Script and Homage; The Explanation of the Actual Body of the Text (contains teaching on the Ground); Path (beginning of): Outer Preliminaries, Refuge & Bodhichitta (Mahayana rigpawiki)
- Volume Two: Path cont. (entering the Vajrayana rigpawiki): Empowerment, Samaya rigpawikis, Nurturing; Kyerim and Sadhana rigpawiki Practice (Inner Preliminaries (Ngöndro rigpawiki)), Preliminaries to Sadhana, Main Part, Subsidiary Yogas, Concluding Actions)
- Volume Three: The Practices Connected to the Second and Third empowerments (restricted title)
- Volume Four: Trekchö and Tögal (restricted title)
- Volume Five: Fruition, Enhancement and Clearing Hindrances
- Padmasambhava rigpawiki, L'Essence de la Pureté de la Sagesse Primordiale, Volume I avec le commentaire de Jamgön Kongtrul Lotreu Thayé (Padmakara, 2011)
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, Berkeley, 13-15, 16-18 & 20-22 September 1996
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, San Francisco, 30 October-5 November 1998
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling,
- 1-7 August 2010, Vol. I, Section One, 'Prologue and Teachings on the Title, The Sign Script, and The Homage' (Chapters 1-3)
- 30 July-7 August 2011, Vol. I, Section Two, 'The Setting, The Circumstances, The Four Vajra Syllables, The Five Perfections and Instructions to Retain the Teaching, The Meaning of the Ground' (Chapters 4-8, up to page 73)
- 17-22 August 2012, Vol. I, Section Two cont. & Section Three (Chapters 8-13, up to page 127)
- 24 July-3 August 2013, Vol. I, Section Three cont. & Vol. II. Mainly oral transmission of Vol. III-IV-V, with some explanations and comments.