Jetsun Lobsang Tenzin Palsangpo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Kyabje Jetsun Lobsang Tenzin Palsangpo was born in Tibet in 1934, Rinpoche was ordained as a monk at the age of seven. Following His Holiness the Dalai Lama into exile in 1959, he entered Sera Je Monastery where he was enrolled into Tsangpa Khangtsen at the age of seventeen.
- Following a rigorous study of the Buddhist philosophies, he obtained the highest honor of Geshe Lharampa degree in 1979 after debate examinations attended by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and other senior Buddhist scholars.
- Ater receiving the Geshe Lharampa degree, he entered Gyume Tantric University and two years later became a master of discipline. Rinpoche also studied the esoteric teachings of the Mahayana tradition extensively while he was there at Gyume Tantric University.
- In 1985, His Holiness the Dalai Lama appointed him as the abbot of Gyume Tantric University, a position he held for 6 years.
- Since then he has taught widely in India and the West. He was also the Spiritual Director at Do Ngak Kunphen Ling dharma center based in North America.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama Appoints the 104th Gaden Tripa, Central Tibetan Administration
Interview transcript available here: