Formations that are not concurrent with mind
Formations that are not concurrent with mind (S. cittaviprayuktasaṃskāra; T. sems dang ldan pa ma yin pa’i ’du byed; C. xin buxiangying fa 心不相應法) are identified in the Sanskrit Abhidharma tradition as formations that are not mental factors. "Because they are in the aggregate of formation, they are called formations. Because they are not mental factors and hence are not concurrent with mind, they are called non-concurrent."
Lists of formations not concurrent with mind
- Fourteen non-concurrent formations of the Abhidharma-kosha
- 23 non-concurrent formations of the Compendium of Abhidharma
- Formations that are not concurrent with mind (Rangjung Yeshe Wiki, David Karma Choephel)
- conditioned forces dissociated from thought (Buswell)
- elements neither substantial forms nor mental functions
- Template:Science and Philosophy Vol 1 full
- Erik Pema Kunsang (translator), Light of Wisdom, Volume 1 (Rangjung Yeshe Publications: 1999), pages 184-185.